The three main telephone service providers all offer fixed telephony (land-lines) as well as mobile phone services, there are standard monthly payment packages and pay as you go (pre-paid telephony) packages available.
For mobile phones you may need to buy a connection pack, available from most supermarkets, corner shops and telecommunications stores.
Cyprus International Country code : 00357
On 1st December 2001, National Telephone Numbering changed to the following:.
The "0" prefix was abolished for all calls within Cyprus and replaced by a two-digit prefix, even when making a call to a phone number in the same district.
Inland District Codes
Nicosia: 22 xxx xxx
Famagusta: 23 xxx xxx
Larnaca: 24 xxx xxx
Limassol: 25 xxx xxx
Paphos 26 xxx xxx
There ia also an 8 digit numbering system for mobile telephones, the prefix number for mobile phones depends on which service provider you are with.
CYTA: 99 xxx xxx or 97 xxx xxx
MTN: 96 xxx xxx
Primetel 95 xxx xxx
CYTA, MTN and Primetel all offer e-billing services, contact each respective provider for full details, an outline of the service follows below:
The service offers:
- Access to account billing information for fixed telephony, mobile telephony, internet service etc.
- Billing history for the last six months.
- Access to your bills before they reach you by post.
- Access to the detailed statements of your calls.
- The option of receiving your bills and/or the detailed statements of your calls electronically only.
Cyta Call Centre: 132
Primetel Call Centre: 133
MTN Call Centre: 136